9.21.2009

The Ubiquitous "Once Upon a Time..."

So many stories begin with the ubiquitous "Once upon a time..." and usually tell the story of how the princess got her prince, and then conclude with "...and they lived happily ever after." It's a classic story, but it always leaves me wondering what happened in the "happily ever after?" While the story of boy meets girl can be a great one, I consider it to be just another beginning of many more adventures together. And so my story begins...



Once upon a time I met my very own Prince Charming, and we lived happily ever after. Now most of these kind of stories usually end here, but another chapter of my life was just beginning. I've since had a little prince and princess of my own, and am loving every minute with them. I'm obsessed with creativity and am amazed at all of the talent out there. I strive to do something creative everyday through my photography, art, crafts, or however else I feel it needs to be expressed. I try to surround myself with the people and things that I find inspiring and that make me happy. I believe it's the littlest details that make the biggest impact, and one should live their life accordingly. My home does not qualify as a castle, my wardrobe isn't opulent, and my life would not be considered regal (or always happy for that matter.) Nonetheless, these are things that I love, this is still my "happily ever after," and I think it deserves to be shared.

My blog is a reflection of myself. These are the stories and images of my adventures along the way, whether it's my latest experiment in the kitchen, drooling over a new catalog, or the family's next excursion. This is somewhere to share my newest inspirations and creations, or whatever other random details are asking to be shared at the moment. I want this to be an inspiring, appealing, entertaining and welcoming little sanctuary on the web. Sometimes it seems that happy endings are hard to come by. Basically, I want this to be a blog that focuses on those details in my life that put the happily in our "happily ever afters," and inspires others to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment