9.23.2009

Jenna Lyon's House Tour

Today I was over at Cookie Mag looking at house tours. I love looking at homes and decor. Don't you? For some reason I've always been fascinated seeing how other people live and decorate, and how they make the places they inhabit into their homes. I love to think about how many different types of homes are out there, but even more I love to think about how no two look exactly the same inside. Anyways, as I was browsing through different homes I came across the home of Jenna Lyon, and not surprisingly it was love at first sight. Now for those of you who may not be familiar with the lovely Jenna Lyon, she is the creative genius behind J. Crew and Crewcuts. I absolutely love her stuff, and her house is no exception. Here are a few of my favorites.



 

The monotone color pallet in these rooms mixed with the little unexpected details are a totally captivating combination. I love the grays paired with blacks and whites, with little splashes of bright colors thrown in. Did you notice the little monster sitting on the yellow couch in the top photo, or the little vintage toy car in the bottom? Those little elements in the rooms almost feel as they don't belong in such sophisticated places, but they complete the spaces. I love nice little surprises in decor, it gives these spaces a personality and makes a place feel more like a home.   

No comments:

Post a Comment