11.17.2009

Seeking That Perfect Shade of Red

Red lips are HOT right now. Seriously, I'm seeing them everywhere. They seem to be a make-up must on everyone's list for Fall's top trends. Really, I don't think red lips ever go out of style. Red is classic, bold, beautiful, and super sexy. It's strong yet feminine. Red lips demand to be noticed. That little red lipstick can be a girl's best friend, but can be awfully intimidating. Unfortunately, I have yet to find my perfect shade. I've looked and even experimented a little, but they've always been a little off. I'm always afraid to buy a new red lipstick that may end up in the cosmetic graveyard at the back of my drawer barely even used. Well that fear ends today, I am bound and determined to find my match in the red lipstick world.


I found this on Sephora (and luckily they tell you exactly how to do it, and what they used.) I think it looks very promising.



On my search for the perfect red lipstick, I stumbled across this photo. It was love at first sight, but I couldn't find where it belonged. I really want to recreate this look though! It reminds of all those vintage beauties and their perfectly shaded ruby pouts. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment