10.20.2009

Pumpkin Picks

Lately I've been getting into the Halloween spirit, probably because I'm in the middle of (well more like the beginning of) making Halloween costumes. Sigh...I've got a lot to do, but I'd thought I'd procrastinate a little more and share some of my Halloween cheer. My posts over the next couple of weeks will be Halloween inspired, and what better way to kick it off than...PUMPKINS!



Here are a few pumpkins from Pumpkin Way carved by Nathan Wesling. All of his jack o' lanterns have such wonderful expressions, definitely check out his site if you're looking for some great faces!



I can always count on Martha Stewart for some gorgeous inspiration. I'm especially loving the toadstool and snail pumpkins on the left--so creative and cute! The lace pumpkins (middle) or glitter pumpkins (right) would look absolutely beautiful too though. (Although I don't think I could carve that intricate lace.)



For those that don't feel like carving pumpkins, I'm loving these no carve pumpkins from BHG too! Use an apple corer (top left) to make perfectly round holes and mix and match using different colored pumpkins and gourds. Using a doily as a stencil (top right) would be a much simpler way to achieve that gorgeous lace look. Using sequins or ribbons to accessorize your pumpkin can give you some gorgeous results (bottom left), but the idea of making "mumkins" (bottom right) is totally ingenious!

Now these have really got me thinking about what I want to do with my pumpkins, now I just need to make the trip to the pumpkin patch.

No comments:

Post a Comment